Burwood Uniting Canterbury Cricket Club would like to invite our Junior Cricketers back for the for the upcoming 2018-19 Season.
After a successful 2017-18 season with our U18 team Premiers, U16 playing in the semi-final and U14 playing in the Grand Final we’re looking forward to another successful year in 2018-19.
Junior Cricket is for boys and girls from 8 years old with a focus on participation up to those under 18 on the 1st September 2018. Some of our older juniors also play in our senior teams, a great experience with the potential for father and son / parent and child playing a game together.
BUCCC is expecting to field teams in all age groups, U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18 and looking for expressions of interest for an all girls team playing on Wednesday nights.
Please use this link to register via My Cricket.
We also run a “Junior Blaster” programme on Sunday between 9:00 am and 10:30 am. Please follow the registration link above for contact details or Email the Junior Coordinator for more information about Junior Cricket & Junior Blasters.
Junior Blasters is for kids new to cricket with participants building their skills through fun, game based activities. The games are designed for small groups to ensure every child gets a go, allowing them to test and learn new skills. When they have mastered the basics they will be ready to graduate to Master Blasters where they can play modified games of cricket.
Become part of the Junior Blasters Squad!
- Recommended for kids aged 5 – 8
- Minimum six weeks of action
- Learn new skills including catching, throwing and teamwork
- Make new friends or organise a group to learn together
- All kids get their own Blasters Pack and wear the colours of their favourite Big Bash heroes
- All equipment supplied, parents join in the fun
- It’s safe – we use plastic bats and a rubber ball
Each Junior Blasters pack includes
- T-shirt with your name on it
- Bucket hat in your choice of Big Bash team colour
- Plastic bat
- Rubber ball
- Personalised bat sticker sheet
- Junior Blasters Skill scorecard